Chef Ricardo, former owner & head chef of Lomo Grill, operates the Mountain Cooking Club with his wife, Suzanne Fernandez, and together the team offers a variety of cooking classes celebrating the seasonal ingredients of Haywood County. Many of the seasonal treats come from the Fernandez’s own Wildcat Ridge Farm in Clyde.
Dates for the upcoming club meetings and cooking classes are June 18, July 17, September 24 and November 26 – all Saturdays.
The menu for the June 18 gastronomic adventure will include:
- Fresh corn, chilies, cilantro, lime soup
- Delicious combination of flavors, light fresh a magnificent summer soup.
- Provencal Butter Chicken with Straw Mat potatoes
- A great Mediterranean chicken dish, with a Provencal twist.
- Ultimate Banana Foster with vanilla ice cream
- Ripe bananas, Myers’s Jamaican rum, what else can we ask for!
The cooking class will cost $65 plus an extra $1 for Mountain Cooking Club annual dues.
To reserve your space, please send a check payable to Ricard0 Fernandez, 3553 Panther Creek Road, Clyde NC, 28721. Your reservation will be confirmed upon payment. For any questions, please call 828-246-7465.